Re: [OM] Bargain OM buy's (little OM content)

Subject: Re: [OM] Bargain OM buy's (little OM content)
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 14:14:40 GMT
Thanks, Doris, for this explanatory description of another piece of
rich American folklore that I didn't even know the existence of.
We never have car boot sales or garage sales here, not privately that
is. We do have large junk sales in big halls where everybody can rent
a stall to sell whatever he wishes to. Visitors must pay a small
admission fee. But sellers are very knowledgeable about prices there.
So there is only little chance of finding any photographic steals like
the almost classical example of Deb's Shift or even better ones....

Once a year, on Koninginnedag (anniversary day of the crowning of the
queen) in all larger towns and cities everyone is allowed to occupy a
few square yards of the pavement in the city and convert it into a
selling place, also for everything... April 30th it is, just for the
case you ever pass by ;-)

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht - Holland.