RE: [OM] Flash Extender (was: Flash system)

Subject: RE: [OM] Flash Extender (was: Flash system)
From: Clive Warren <Clive.Warren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 09:42:57 +0100
At 1:00 am +0100 28/2/98, Per Nordenberg wrote:

>Jim Terazawa wrote:
>>I am not sure where this thread came from but it is also a news to me
>>that there is such an item called flash extender.
>

>Jim,
>I have known about the existence of this flash extender for a very long
>time (but never seen one). What I meant was that as far as I can recall it
>has never been discussed in this forum before, although I think I have
>asked about it once though. Also I have never seen one secondhand, so I
>suppose they are very rare. I believe Hama of Germany also sold similar
>extenders, but I don´t think they worked with OM cameras (except non-TTL
>flash OM-1 and OM-10 perhaps).
>
>Per Nordenberg

Hi Per,

You must be filtering out my messages ;-)

A few months ago I posted a question about the extenders to the list as I
saw one for sale in a local shop.  My comment at the time was that the
device looked as though it would cause instant death to the hot shoe if you
put more than a fairy cake on the top of the thing.

Actually I did't say "fairy cake" in the first message - think of it as
poetic licence. If you prefer you could substitute the phrase "a very small
amount of weight" which is more accurate but who needs empiricism first
thing on a Monday morning?  ;-)

Anyone familiar with the Total Perspective Vortex?

All the best,

              Clive   http://clive.bel-epa.com