Re: [OM] Foxy. I need your advice.

Subject: Re: [OM] Foxy. I need your advice.
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 21:56:49 +8
Another butt in

You have essentialy three options for payment.

1 send cash
2 Foreign currency bank draft
3 Electronic transfer

If you rule out 1, contact your bank and ask them which method would
be cheapest for you.  Going the other way (sending money from OZ to
the US) The bank draft is the cheapest method and not necessarily any
slower.  It might be that electronic transfer would be cheaper for
you sending from the US to OZ.  Get the other party to check with
their bank to see if there would be any charges their end for
receiving and processing either form of payment.

Ask the sender to use TNT as the freight company, rather than the
CLWB UPS   (CLWB? - charge like wounded bull).  I once had to pay
roughly AU$120 more when having something shipped from the US to OZ
because the store refused to go out of their way and use TNT instead
of their customary UPS.  TNT is not a small outfit in case you were
wondering (multinational).  If you visit UPS's web site they have a
calculator to give you an Idea of the freight charge.  Unless TNT
have added such a thing to their web site you will have to ring a
toll free number in Houston, if I remember correctly.

There will be no problems with customs charges for the person sending
stuff from OZ.  I could not say the same if the goods were going the
other way 8-(

Giles