Re: [OM] Apologies to the Group

Subject: Re: [OM] Apologies to the Group
From: "Doug Nowlin" <wa5ohb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 21:40:25 -0600

>For the record, I could understand PvT occasionally jumping in to sell
>things, but the "..we've got that for $..." and unsolicited postings of new
>inventory coming in was simply annoying (at best.   )
>Heck, I've got business to do too,  but I know my stay here would've been
>short if I tried those tactics.  Most people here (I think) just don't like
>it.
>
>John
>Camtech

Personally, I think the input John H. has provided has been so valuable that
it would be a injustice to say anything negative about him. I am eternally
grateful for competent people like him that keep the wonderful older models
long after the factories abandon us. As for PvT, I logged onto his web page
and may have an answer to his behavior. he is in central Texas where OM
equipment is far  less respected than Rodney D. That means he has just about
got to go elsewhere for sales. A case in point is the local shop,
http://precision-camera.com/, I just chected their inventory on the web. 16
OM lenses, 12 Canon MF/AF, and 40 something Nikon. If you went to the store,
a large number of the other two are probably sold. I doubt any of the OM
lenses have sold, and I own several of them that have been there for months.
I know some of the prices are ridiculous, but many are bargains. These
numbers more represent the opposite of the number of cameras in use around
here.

Doug