Re: [OM] Gouge this!

Subject: Re: [OM] Gouge this!
From: CarlMarin@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 12:50:39 EST

>  Hi Carl! hey, those 50/1.8s are starting to go up in price now due to lots
> of
>  folks wanting them for their OM-2000s! If you know where I can get some
free
> ones,
>  I'd like a bunch! appreciate your thoughts! For your info, this list/digest
> has
>  generated a good number of loyal clients

Sounds like a business opportunity for me.  I can lay my hands on at least 10
of these by tomorrow for 5 bucks each.  I will sell them to you for $50 each
as they are now so valuable.  I wouldn't want to be caught dead selling
Olympus equipment at prices lower than KEH after all ;^)  BTW Paul,  how many
dents, scrapes and missing bits of leatherette on a camera body before you
consider it to be just a Mint- and not a Mint?   Attention Kmart shoppers!
Blue light specials on isle 7!

Paul knows I'm just poking a little fun at him.  I've talked to him at camera
shows a couple of times and he seems like a decent guy.  Setting himself up as
the High Price Leader and assuming a no-negotiation policy in the market I'm
sure he expects a little of this.   I just wish he wouldn't pick the rooms
clean of OLY stuff at the camera shows before the doors even open for the rest
of us.   It's a cinch he's not paying the kind of prices he charges for
Olympus gear!

Regards,

Carl

BTW Paul,  should I stop holding my breath waiting for that Sigma 16mm lens
cap you promised me a couple of years ago that went with the len I bought from
you?  I bet that card with my address on it got tossed as soon as I turned my
back and my money met your wallet :^)

#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx