Re: [OM] Sunpak Auto 422d

Subject: Re: [OM] Sunpak Auto 422d
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 20:54:03 GMT
On Fri, 30 Jan 1998 10:55:56 +0000, Robert Hall <robhall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>Would like to obtain some help.  I have a Sunpak 422D flash with a
>dedicated OM module that works well in the TTL mode while on the camera
>hot shoe (OM2n, OM4).  I would really like to use the flash off the
>camera via a TTL cord.  The problem I have is that I can't find a cord
>that I can use.  The 0.6m OM TTL cord will not work because the flash
>unit itself does not have the female 5 pin receptacle. I tried calling
>Sunpak (TOCAD); they were not very helpful.
>
>If such a cord exists I would like to find it.  If not, what are my
>options? Preferably, I would like to keep the Sunpak instead of
>purchasing a new flash.  The T20 flash may be ideal.  I see plenty of
>used T20 flashes in local camera stores that can be had rather cheaply,
>but finding the TTL T20 auto-connector is almost an impossibility since
>to the best of my knowledge they are no longer manufactured.  I am sure
>that I can use the T32-- this may be overkill for what I want to do.  My
>main intention of using the cord is to obtain interesting fill effects
>for macro subjects (flowers, insects, plants, etc.,) using a 90mm lens.
>
>Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Robert Hall

Hello Robert.

Sorry to say so, but the only thing that will work for your SUNPAK
is.... the same infamous T-20 autoconnector, coupled to one of the
autocords. Maybe there is a way to open the Olympus dedicated module
for the D-type sunpaks, and solder an autocord directly to the right
contacts. However it would be hard to use it on top of the camera
afterwards, with the cable hanging out of it...

Frank.

#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx