Re: [OM] Olympus Mailing List gallery

From: Jeff Spirer <jeffs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 16:34:35 -0800
At 07:20 AM 1/24/98 +0900, N.Maekawa wrote:
>Another example of the gallery is:
>http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/1318/
>
>This is the gallery of Pentax users.

I hate to sound hyper-critical, but I sure hope people on this list use
their tripods more than the people on the Pentax list.  I am by no means a
sharpness freak, but the number of photos with obviously unintentional
camera shake seemed way too high.

Also, does everyone shoot at sunset?

Also, Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>What I have in mind is to have a Web page devoted to presenting photographs
>of the Olympus List's members.  The person who offers a space and the
>person who selects photographs need not be the same person.  It might be
>more interesting if we have a group of volunteers for selection.  That way
>selections may be varied and will not become a gallery of one kind of
>photographs.  An example of such a gallery may be found at:
>http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

I am occasionally in this gallery, and it is used as a place for people to
have their photos critiqued by a mailing list.  It is put together by one
person, and he makes it appear that one person doing the selection can
result in a fair and varied selection.

Also, I would like to hope that this is open to people using cameras other
than  OM cameras.  I have an OM4T along with lenses and other stuff, but I
do most of my 35mm photography with an Olympus 35RD these days, and I know
other people on this list also use non-OM Olympus cameras.

Jeff Spirer
Axiom Records: http://www.hyperreal.org/axiom/
Photos: http://www.hyperreal.org/~jeffs/gallery.html

#