Re: [OM] Digital Cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Cameras
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 17:23:20 +1100

> <excerpt>about this camera.  Do I have the wrong list?  What are some of
> the pros and cons of digital cameras?  The reason I want a camera is
> mainly for work.  I build swimming pools in the North Cehtral Florida
> area and want to have before, during, and after pictures of my work.  I
> am considering a digital camera for several reasons.  (1) I can take as
> many pictures as I want to without having to worry about buying film,
> dropping it off for development, picking it up again, ect.  (2) Without
> film and development expenses, the extra price for the digital camera
> would pay for its self.  I already have a computer capable of working
> with graphics and a color printer.
>

> </excerpt><<<<<<<<

I didn't get  the first message, but I recently looked into a digitial camera
for work. We want to photograph thinks, and then put them on the intranet for
in house info. My criteria was that I didn't want to get 36 cubes on a page,
but rather a picture.

Digital cameras are getting there. Approx 1000 by 800 ish for $2K. But only 3
photos per memory catridge. But still get slight digitisation on big blow ups.
17" and 21" monitors.

APS - Why? It's a 35mm with less space. Keep notes, use a bigger neg.

35mm. Painful to get onto a PC. Scanning is the option. PC image takes a lot of
memory. But the neg holds more info than equivalent digital technology.

>From my research (we already have a scanjet at work) staying 35mm and scanning
was the best option for us at the moment

Foxy

#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx