Re: [OM] Re: My first piece of used equipment, bought sight unseen

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: My first piece of used equipment, bought sight unseen
From: Clive Warren <Clive.Warren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 15:59:15 +0100
Cc: Tmoynihan@xxxxxxx
At 9:08 pm -0500 29/12/97, Tmoynihan@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Dear Garth--
>
>I would definitely bring your dissatisfaction to the attention of the buyer,
>and perhaps even by sending a copy of the post you sent to the newsgroup.
> Unfortunately, people do have different definitions of what is "mint" or
>"perfect" or "immaculate", etc.  In my (limited) experience, when faced with
>specific instances of how their "as received" items fall short of the
>descriptions (and maybe politely quoting back their ads to them may not hurt
>either), you may get some satisfaction.  If they're out to flim-flam you, it
>won't do any good, but I don't think that's the goal of most people, either
>in eBay or the more typical newsgroups.  Some people will try to work it out
>with you, others may say, "Just send the item back (you pay shipping), and
>we'll pretend the transaction never happened."  Or words to that effect.

Snippety snipletson

Do what Tom suggests.  I have had similiar experiences that haven't
required rocket launchers to be activated on this side of the pond......
Received $40 back on one deal for a repair that cost me $75 (not OM).
Generally you are taking a risk, so the price should be less than that paid
for a private purchase and no higher than half of that charged by a dealer.

Prices seem to have increased dramatically on EBay recently, however the
cause is probably the psychological attraction of the bidding process
rather than real value increases.  You can do better at some of the on-line
camera shops as someone else pointed out.

Happy New Year everyone - just shot my first roll of '98 on the OM4....

All the best,

              Clive   http://clive.bel-epa.com

#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx